Alignment with Our Clients
Strategic was purpose-built to provide organizations with a better alternative to hiring an internal staff.
Our singular focus—with no structural conflicts—helps us maintain our commitment to collaboration and transparency. 100% of our revenue comes from our OCIO business. This is all we do.
The structure of our client relationships guarantees that Strategic cannot earn additional revenue based on selective allocations or manager selection.
Our open-architecture approach to manager selection is key to developing customized portfolios for each client. We continually search for the best talent across the full range of traditional and alternative asset classes.
The stability, cohesiveness, and collegiality of our investment leadership team, and its multi-decade relationships give our clients access to highly sought-after managers.
Strategic’s allocation procedure ensures fairness in how we grant access to capacity-constrained managers.
We care deeply about good governance, which is the foundation of investment success. In fact, you could even say we wrote the book on it.
Some of the topics covered in the book include
- A roadmap on aligning your portfolio with your mission
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Importance of continually engaging with donors
- Documenting your investment beliefs as part of our IPS
- Implementing committee requirements
- Educating underwater endowment policies and potential impacts to the operating budget in times of stress
- Importance of a solid foundation of good governance, trust, and communication
- Reviewing the long-term asset allocation each year
- Considerations as you build your investment committee